Friday, June 20, 2008

Saam, Daam, Dand, Bhed...


These are the lines which keep repeating themselves during the movie 'Sarkar Raj' which I saw this morning... (for the few reading the blog who do not know what the title means, here's a helpful link... http://www.geocities.com/mahaabhaarat/glossary/page2n-z.htm)

The movie is interesting for the afficianados of the first 'Sarkar' who want to see the growth of Shankar Nagre (Abhishek Bachchan) from where he left off at the end of the first... that's exactly where this movie takes off from ... The plot is an intersting mix of the Dabhol project, the Thakerays & Shiv Sena, 'The Godfather' and many more twists in between a-la RGV... I wont give away too much for anyone who's intending to watch it...

Though the movie did get my attention for the entire length, I must say I was not too impressed... It's the same old story repackaged with one more Bachchan (Rai) but the numbers even up at the end....

No comments:

Post a Comment