Sunday, January 21, 2007

Another week gone by...

Before I begin to pen my thoughts for the day, I must acknowledge the excellent blog that one of my frnd’s has begun to maintain. The link to the blog named “I Ran Over The Rain…” is to the right, under the name “Richa”… And no, this is not a reciprocation for her having mentioned my name on her blog … (I can almost hear her saying, “Yeah Right…”)

The previous week had been by far the most hectic for SMM students at the Dubai campus… With a schedule ranging from 8 in the morning to 9:30 at night… To top it all, we had a FIVE hour break in the middle… We had two courses this week, i.e. Industrial Economics (IE) and Business-2-Business (B2B) … I have never missed so many classes of a single subject than I have for IE… My attendance is like 4 out of 9 classes… K … But wat 2 do, the Prof was the single most boring faculty I have ever encountered in my student life… That added to the killer scheduling really killed my appetite for attendance… I must credit him for one thing, though… This blog (& for that matter Richa’s too) was started during his classes, and all the work on the blog so far had been done in his class… For that, I am grateful… Also scheduled in the week, were submissions & a viva for Mkt Research (MR), another subject which I dread… Even though we had more than 3 weeks to do the MR project, our group of late lateefs began doing it only half a day before the deadline & viva…

On the other extreme, B2B was one of the most enjoyable courses we had… I didn’t miss any of the classes… :-D … It was simulation based (INDUSTRAT), which is somewhat better than lectures, and the faculty from Mumbai was excellent… I don’t feel sorry that Richa’s group (Mowgli) beat our’s (King Louie) to the top spot, since I really enjoyed the simulations, & hey – 2nd place aint half bad, is it …?

So another week in the GMBA saga has gone by, but I hardly feel any smarter… Two more new subjects and another grueling week await us in a couple of days , interspersed with Guest Lectures (the so-called ‘Visiting Wisdom’) and Pre-placement talks… Well, I guess that’s life at a 1-yr MBA program… We asked for it, didn’t we…

Signing off, a few lines dedicated to Richa, Ritu n Rashi (our honourable team members & adverseries)…

“Jungle - jungle baat chali hai, pata chala hai…
Arre, Chaddi Pehan Ke Phool Khila Hai, Phool Khila Hai…”

1 comment:

  1. hey rajat.. thnx for mentionin my name.. n i did say a YAH RITE..but later i thot i mite as well take sum credit for bloggin.. hehe.. nyway.. keep goin.. n o yes... nt to forget .. U were my inspiration for bloggin.. u showed me the way... hehe...

    ReplyDelete